Christs Community Fellowship Church
Category: Worship Leader
Time Type: Full Time
The Worship Pastor at CCF is someone with a deep love for Jesus Christ and His people; someone with a passion for music and the role it plays in the congregational worship; someone who is able to thrive in a team environment; and someone who is able to envision and energize a community that is grounded in great hymns of the past, the current expressions of worship, and the songs emerging from the future generations.
1. Lead worship possibly twice a week.
2. Lead worship team rehearsals.
3. Facilitate the congregation's participation in authentic worship.
4. Recruit, schedule, develop, and mentor volunteer instrumentalists, vocalists, and songwriters.
5. Recruit, schedule, develop, and mentor volunteer worship leaders.
6. Lead the formation of a Music Ministry Team that fosters good communication and a strong sense of community among all musicians and vocalists.
7. Participate in all scheduled staff meetings and staff development times.
8. Become knowledgeable in lighting, sound, and presentation software, and be able to assist in these production components when needed.
9. Develop annual ministry plan and budget for Music Ministry Team
10. Continued honing of musical proficiency.
11. Willing to serve as needed in other areas of ministry at CCF.
We realize that you have other core areas of strength. The following responsibilities reflect areas of ministry that need to be fulfilled at CCF, but can be tailored to fit your strengths.
1. Facilitate the integration of worship teams and music throughout the church (children, middle school, high school, and adults).
2. Recruit and oversee Technical Arts Volunteers (lighting, sound, and presentation software).
3. Oversee Media Arts
1. Can both lead and thrive in a team-based environment.
2. Teachable, responsive, and respectful of authority.
3. Pastoral presence on the platform, with an ability to engage the heart of the people through music and words.
4. Able to create and sustain a strong volunteer culture.
5. Ability to play multiple instruments (preferably piano and guitar).
6. Able to read and write musical arrangements (or willing and able to learn).
7. Growing knowledge and appreciation for spiritual and secular music from the past and present.
8. Able to mentor others with wisdom and grace.
1. A mature, growing believer with a clear understanding of the Gospel, along with the ability to clearly communicate it.
2. Committed to spiritual integrity and artistic excellence.
3. Committed to the community of CCF.
4. In agreement with CCF's doctrine, mission, and values (please see our website).
Every day at CCF-
Be highly motivated in everything we do at CCF.
Actively support the mission, vision, and programs of the ministry spiritually, materially, and physically.
Actively tithe, showing you believe in the ministry of CCF.
Attend all services and special meetings of CCF unless otherwise permission granted by the Sr. Pastor.
Be loyal to the ministry in conversation and action, informing the Senior Pastor of situations which could be detrimental to the ministry, and/ or offering suggestions which would help strengthen the ministry and increase its effectiveness.
Attend pastoral staff meetings and meet personally with the Senior Pastor on a regular basis.
Willingly assume responsibility for the performance of other duties and projects, as assigned by the Senior Pastor, and any other church event, including upkeep and maintenance of the church website.
Go above and beyond your call and job description to do what it takes to love people and organize day to day operations. If something needs to be done, don't wait for someone else to do it, just get the job done. Take ownership in the ministry at CCF.
Hours and days off-
This is a full-time job which entails a minimum of 40 hours a week. Required days at the church are; Monday through Thursday starting at 9:00am including a 1 hour lunch break, church closes at 4:00pm. Sunday starting at 8:00am until all members have left the building.
Days off allowed are: 6 Sundays per year, no more than 2 consecutive Sundays at one time. If using consecutive days limit up to one use per year. CCF offers no such insurance per employee.